[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]To outsource software development is a challenge even in the best of conditions. At the point when your organization is thinking about procuring an outside firm to do your development. For many businesses, the idea of bespoke software seems all too much and they begin looking into the bespoke software vs off the shelf argument to find software that suits them best. However, bespoke software usually comes out on top.
It is incumbent upon you and your staff members to make sure the project comes together without faltering over obstacles.
Key to any specialized undertaking is arranging and expert analysis of where a project is headed, and its development.
While management of the process holds significance, planning for all the future contingencies is likely to clear the way for success with outsourced software development company. If after reading this post you’re still not sure whether outsourcing is the best route for you to follow, or whether you should hire an in-house software developer, speak to a recruitment agency, someone like 100offer, have a list of questions prepared including the expected salary and salary increase of a role like this, that way not only can you weigh up the pro’s and con’s but also the financial aspect too.
Benefits Of Outsourcing
- There are too many benefits to outsourced software development.
- Not only can outsourcing deliver commercial benefits to a small and medium business.
- But it also can deliver them with customized expertise to satisfy short- and long-term solutions for their software development demands.
- According to Deloitte’s 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey, the top motivation for business to outsource includes, cost-cutting and the ability to focus on core business activities and solve capability issues.
- Outsourcing software development offers business an increased return on their investment
Below are the tips to successfully outsource software development company
Implementing smart methods.
- Agile or sharp methodologies allow firms to keep a close eye on production and swiftly execute work during a project’s life cycle with an outsourced software development company.
They allow a business owner sitting at one end and a software developer at the other end to work together.
- The product can then be assembled in weekly cycles called sprints as per technical and business revenue aspects.
- Through agile or smart methodology, a business owner and the software development team members can fully understand the nature of the project, the target assigned and the goals to be achieved. To learn more about the development of business software, read this article from Salesforce.
Decide your budget
- Every outsourcing software development agency is unique. Some offered by packages, some charge as per hour. Just like defining goals, you should define your budget as well.
- Then analyze the top software development companies to see what they can do for the sum.
- Many businesses end up making a mistake of choosing the cheapest solution for financial reasons.
- The most economical solution is not every time a low-quality one but you pay for one which stands true in the software development outsourcing space.
- Sometimes price could be a factor, but it shouldn’t be the only factor in your decision making.
Instead, if you cannot stretch the budget and can’t hire the best, search for a solution that brings you the correct balance of quality and cost.
Set realistic goals and track productivity.
- What works better than creating the project’s schedule plan, setting its milestones? Making them measurable, traceable & realistic.
- Your team should know that the results are achievable. This may be hard and take up a lot of time and effort but is feasible.
- You may want to create the next Microsoft, but if the team fails to deliver it, is it really their fault?
- If you don’t take time frames and the complexity of tasks into account, you risk not having anything done or a project that is done poorly.
- Don’t be too pushy, demanding and negotiate pushily with your outsourcing software development agency. Milestones are definitely an important tool for tracking the team’s progress and productivity but use them carefully.
Check project updates and evaluate the completed tasks according to your standards. And always provide your feedback on the delivered results.
Assess the technical education level of developers carefully.
- When opting to select an offshore or outsourcing software development company, thoroughly assess the technical background of developers.
- Do research to check whether their technical expertise fits your requirements and overall standards & strategic goals.
- If the number of Junior developers in outsourcing business is a lot bigger than Middle and Senior specialists, it means that the country offers profound education in the IT field and invests in its budding talents.
- The IT outsourcing market in Eastern Europe is developing at a rapid speed. IT companies have increased demand for young specialists. Thus, they are looking for fresh blood and initiate the opening of new programs at universities.
- They set up innovative labs at universities and work alongside universities and government to stimulate the development of tech education.
Ukraine ranks 11th with an overall score of 88,7 out of 100 among the top 50 countries with the best developers in the world according to HackerRank.
Strive hard for outsourcing transparency.
- Successful application outsourcing requires communication between a customer and a provider.
- Both parties need to agree on priorities and information requirements.
- By choosing a software vendor with a clear and transparent approach, you will find a like-minded partner that will be fully committed to the quality of your software.
- According to Deloitte’s report on outsourcing transparency evolution, taking a proactive approach to discuss mechanisms and requirements can enable software vendors to provide better information and more efficiency.
- Transparent providers may offer opportunities for customers to involve them at more strategic levels where they can drive higher value.
Learning how to use outsourcing transparency for risk management and leveraging provider capabilities can gain a competitive edge for both parties.
DEDICATED PROJECT MANAGER.
- A person dedicated to the sole responsibility of looking after a project can do wonders for software development.
- An outsourced software development project benefits from a dedicated project manager who is looking after everything all the time.
- This way every person involved knows there is someone overseeing the whole undertaking and every update gets communicated on time.
- Project Manager also proves to be a vital need in removing bumps and issues. No software project sails smoothly at first go; there are always some hiccups.
A Manager is in a better position to resolve issues since he or she has a clear picture of what’s going on and where the project needs to be.
Use a project management tool.
- There are numerous digital applications available to make remind software developers of the tasks assigned to them.
- When there are large numbers of tasks linked to a project, the nature of it can become complex.
- Project management applications like Asana, Basecamp, and Trello can help software developers manage project tasks, calendars, and conversation threads.
Run a trial period.
- If the outsourced software development company works in a transparent model and is confident in their skills, they might be offering a free 2 weeks trial.
- There is no better way to test the outsourcing team than simply start working together.
Prepare for Long-Term Cooperation.
- Outsourcing software development involves a long-term relationship between a customer and a vendor.
- In the automotive industry, you should look for longer cooperation. For Example, a bug in computer software can hardly cost you. But a bug in a vehicle’s autopilot can cost you heavily.
- This means that you need to outsource software development company that understands the importance of thorough R&D and testing, skipping the ones that promise a fast and easy solution.
You also wouldn’t want your team members to leave, so track employee turnover of outsourcing vendors you choose.