In this article, we are going to discuss the various options that are available when you hire an iOS developer, the procedure for hiring an iOS developer, and what all things you should keep in mind when you are about to hire an iOS developer.
You should assimilate and understand the different roles as well as responsibilities of various iOS developers and know what skills to look for when it’s time to talk about how exactly to hire iOS developers.
There are three options that you can consider:
- Form a group of in-house iOS developers
- Hire a software outsourcing organization or company
- Hire a freelance iOS developer
Which one is the most suitable step for you, let’s analyze and find out.
When to form an in-house development team of iOS developers
There are many companies who have outsourced their development projects in the past have now considered setting up an in-house development team for their projects, Skype, Slack, Opera are some of the big giants involved in this transition.
If you have just started a company, it is considered to be a more balanced solution for you to outsource your project and put the in-house development team together when the viability point is reached. What does this mean? This viability comes when you have launched a product in the market and see that investors and users have started taking an interest in your project. This fact may attract you to monetize your project or may indicate that you should start attracting funds or generating profits from it.
Thus, you should start allocating resources to hire dedicated iOS developers along with some of the technical staff to work in house as well as keeping the entire team afloat. This is not a one size fits all strategy but still is a good option.
On the other hand, hiring an in-house tech staff is considered to be more reasonable for some SME or medium-sized companies and enterprises who specifically builds products that majorly involves complex business logic and requires constant cooperation between other developers and departments.
Definitely an in-house team has advantages and disadvantages.
- There is ample opportunity for you and your developer to cooperate with one another.
- There are no limitations with respect to communication and distance.
- Developers get full knowledge about the product as they do not work on other projects.
- If you offer them good employee benefits, they’re likely to be productive and work efficiently on whatever project they have been given.
- The in-house team is on the payroll which means that you need to pay them even if you do not have any work or tasks to be done for them.
- It can be quite challenging to hire the right talent for your project and also remember that they prefer to leave from time to time so be prepared to find new developers again and again.
- You need to pay for other stuff as well such as office rent, electricity, equipment, telephone, hardware, software and so on.
- They enjoy vacations, and sick leaves and other employee benefits your employees will enjoy while you pay them.
When to Hire an Outsourcing Company.
If you are looking for an efficient and a cost-effective way to hire iOS developer then you should always pay attention to Software Outsourcing Companies
As the basic rule applies, there are two models
You hire a software outsourcing company for iOS app development (One or more developers) and you can pay them in accordance with a per hour rate of the company for each individual. This model is sometimes called out staffing or a dedicated team. In case you pick this model then there will be management aspects that will lay on your shoulder, and the hired developer can work as both a part of your team and carry out the tasks.
You can contact Company representatives, as well as explain your requirements, and then they build an app from scratch. In this case, all the management tasks lay on the company
Pros / Advantages
- If you have an urgent requirement for finding and hiring an iOS developer then outsourcing can be one of the best options that are available for you.
- There is no need to worry about vacations, sick leaves, office space rent, or any other factors that may halt the development process.
- Unlike freelancers, developers who work in a firm can communicate with one another and share their experiences.
- As a rule, the hourly rates for freelance developers compared to experienced developers working in a firm are the same and sometimes even lower.
- It is still cheaper than hiring an in-house developer and you also do not have to pay taxes.
- The entire management process lays on the project manager and you can get constant feedback from him/her.
Cons / Disadvantages:
- In case the company that you have picked is located in a different country, then you may face some delays in communication, which can be solved by simple communication schedule.
- There may occur some cultural and language barriers with some countries.
When to Hire a developer who is freelancing
Freelance developers is quite a widespread option that is available when it comes to any kind of services. It is no big deal to hire a developer who will be able to make an app for you. When it comes to long term requirements, freelance iOS developers are not always fit to be a good option when you are looking towards long term cooperation.
It is more reasonable to hire freelancers in order to complete a project that has set requirements and time frames. For example, you can hire freelance iOS developers for any kind of bug fixing and performing tasks related to adding some additional features to a ready-made app. HowYou will find dozens of websites from where you can hire developers. The most viable option is UPWORK, this being the most popular and credible one. What’s more, this is the most appreciated platform for finding freelancers; you will find an ample amount of talented developers here. Also, the website has a very flexible search filter for anyone to find an incredible resource talent here. It also has an option to carefully explore and scrutinize freelancer’s profiles. It is important that if you are a small business that you are using advice from bloggers like Sebastian Friedman on how to manage freelancers within your business. This should allow you to make the most out of this method of gaining experienced help.
We can also recommend you to use LinkedIn to find and hire iOS developer. This is the main idea of this professional social network, to be able to find and hire developers when you need them. There are a lot of freelance developers looking to work on iOS projects. It is quite simply not only to hire developers but also any other specialists by merely entering the position you are looking for in the search bar.
You can also use other social networks as well if you have experience looking at the talent and project that they have done in the past. GitHub is another platform where you can check plans and hire developers based on their past work.
Advantages of this method
- The freelancing market is full of developers with varying levels of expertise and experience. You will not find it challenging to hire the right developer for your iOS project.
- Hiring a freelancer is often comparatively cheaper than many other available options.
- You do not have to pay any salary to a freelance worker in case you do not have any work for him/her
You do not have to worry about office space, taxes, vacations, sick leaves, and so on.
Disadvantages of this method
- Freelancers are on their own for developing projects. They cannot cooperate with other developers and team members when it comes to participating in a project as jointly as say, outsourced workers can or an in-house team can.
- There is no guarantee that the freelancer will abandon the project and will leave you hanging in the middle of the development phase.
- Failed deadlines is often a widespread problem that occurs among freelancers.
- There exist language and culture barriers problems when it comes to working with freelancers
- You cannot be sure that the freelancer is entirely dedicated to working for your project and will not have any side projects.
- The work of a freelancer simply states that there will be frequent changes to the project, and your freelancer will simply switch to another plan if he/she gets stuck on a problem where there is no viable solution available or simply gets bored working on a single project.
- To learn whether your developer has the required expertise, you can always check the iOS developer’s portfolio or simply ask about the expertise directly. In case you are considering an outsourcing company, look for a dedicated page on projects or a case study for a particular project.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Swift for iOS Development
So now you may have understood the various benefits that one can have when you are going to hire or outsource iOS developers for your new project. If you are looking to get certified for an iOS app development course then do check out iphonedevelopmentguide.com. You will get the best expertise for any kind of iOS app development project big or small. You can also hire iOS developers in Dubai, UAE. If you are looking for any kind of iOS training in Mumbai, then also contact us for the best iOS guidance under the watchful eye of expert professionals.