In this article, We will share the main reasons, why Java has been gaining popularity. Here are the reasons why you should learn Java programming language and why Java is the best programming language created ever.
1) The Java Programming Language: User-Friendly and Approachable for Beginners to Learn
- The main justification for studying Java would surprise many programmers. You can consider it as the best programming language. If any programming language has a steep learning curve, it would be difficult to be productive in a short span of time. This can easily be the case with most of the professional project.
- Java allows programmers to create a fluid English-like syntax, requiring fewer magic characters like angle brackets for generics. This makes it easy to read the Java program and learn quickly.
- Once a programmer has become familiar with the initial hurdles or objectives of installing JDK and setting up PATH and understanding How Classpath works, it’s pretty easy to write a program in Java.
2) Java is Object-oriented Programming Language
- Java’s popularity and notoriety can be attributed to its object-oriented programming language. Developing an OOP application has never been so simple and easier, and it also helps to keep the system modular, flexible, and extensible.
- Once as a developer, you have knowledge of crucial OOP concepts like Abstraction, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, and Inheritance. You will be well equipped to use all those with Java. Java itself embodies and embraces many best programming practices as well as major design patterns in its library.
- This 100% OOP programming language promotes object-oriented and SOLID design concepts, utilizing open-source projects like Spring and Dependency Injection principles for effective object dependency management.
3) Java Has Provided a Rich API Set
- The Java programming language’s significant success can be attributed to its rich API set. Most importantly, this API set is highly visible because it comes with Java installation.
- Java provides many different APIs for I/O, networking, utilities, XML parsing, database connection, and almost everything. Open-source libraries like Apache Commons, Google Guava, Jackson, Gson, Apache POI, and others automatically cover any remaining content.
4) Support for Powerful Development Tools E.g., Eclipse, Netbeans
- You should believe it or not but it is a fact that Eclipse and Netbeans have played a huge role in making Java one of the best programming languages. Coding and programming using an IDE is a pleasure, especially if you have coded in DOS Editor or Notepad.
- They not only help in proper code completion. They are known for their exceptional debugging abilities, which are crucial for practical development. The Integrated Development Environment (IDE) feature has equipped and made Java development much more comfortable, faster, and fluent. Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) have significantly enhanced the process of searching, refactoring, and reading code.
- Apart from providing support for IDE, the Java platform also provides several other tools such as Maven and ANT for building Java applications. You can make use of Jenkins for Continuous Integration and delivery, decompilers, JConsole, Visual VM for monitoring Heap usage, and many more.
5) Great Collection of Open Source Libraries
- Open-source libraries have consistently ensured the universal compatibility of Java. Apache, Google, and many other organizations have contributed a lot of great libraries. All of these make Java development easy, faster, as well as cost-effective.
- There are many other as well as major frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and Maven. These technologies ensure Java development adheres to best practices, promotes design patterns, and assists programmers and Java developers in completing their tasks.
6) Support From the Largest Programming Community
- A strong as well as thriving community is one of the biggest and major strengths of the Java programming language and platform. No matter how good a language is. It cannot survive if there is no community support that is provided, in order to help and share their knowledge.
- Java has been very lucky; it has plenty of active forums, StackOverflow, open-source organizations, as well as several other major Java user groups to help with everything.
- There is a wonderful community to help beginners and newbies, advanced and even expert Java programmers. Java actually promotes and encourages taking and giving back to community habits. There are lots of programmers, who use open source, as well as contribute as a committer, tester, etc.
7) The Java Programming Language Comes at No Cost
- People prefer FREE things, Don’t you? So if a programmer or a developer wants to learn a programming language or an organization wants to use a particular technology. COST has always been an important factor. Since Java is free and open-source from the start, that is as a programmer, you don’t need to pay anything to create Java applications.
- This FREE thing also helped Java to a great extent to become popular among individual programmers and among large organizations.
- The availability of Java programmers is a major as well as another big thing, which makes any organization choose Java for their strategic development.
Read More: Java vs C++ vs C
Final Thoughts on the Enduring Excellence of Java Programming Language
In conclusion, the Java programming language remains the preferred choice due to its unparalleled versatility, performance, and extensive community support, solidifying its dominance in the coding world. No wonder Java is here to stay for a long time. It will continue to benefit many programmers and developers because of the features that it provides.
If you liked this article and would like to hire Java developers then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
You can also hire Java developer in Dubai, UAE.