[yasr_overall_rating] People 435 Voted [5/5]
There have been many web frameworks developed since recent times in order to make web development simpler and easier. Each web framework comes with its own benefits that cater to one aspect of web development. These frameworks are designed to simplify backend and UI development as well as its architecture is designed to handle a large number of user requests.
Most of these web frameworks comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantages are often considered to be too little for the amount of benefits that it offers to developers and programmers.
We are going to discuss one such framework that has become recently popular for web development, this is the Laravel framework. Pros and Cons Laravel.
Before we dig deep into the framework, let’s clear out the basics of the framework.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a web application framework that provides an expressive and elegant syntax. The developers of Laravel believe that web development is a creative and innovative process and must remain fulfilling and satisfying. Laravel attempts to ease the development process by attempting to remove out the pain in web development.
It easies out common development tasks that are used in the majority of web development projects like routing, caching, authentication and sessions.
The aim of Laravel is to make the developer experience a pleasing one without sacrificing the application functionality. Laravel believes that happy developers make the best code.
It is an accessible, yet powerful, and provides powerful tools to design robust and large applications.
It also provides a super inversion of control container and an expressive migration system as well as a tightly integrated unit testing support that provides you all the required tools for you to build any kind of web application that is desired.
There is no framework that is designed to be perfect. Each framework comes with its own advantages as well as disadvantages. Any web programming task can be achieved in any of the modern frameworks.
Every framework provides some alternatives for its set of cons which could be worked around to minimize the effect of its cons.
Pros and Cons Laravel
- If you are a web developer and love to code using the PHP language then this framework is for you.
- Laravel is the best Hire PHP Developer framework with an abundance of different tools available
- The main feature of the framework is that it is easy to learn. The user documentation is thorough and is in its simplest form. PHP screencasts make it convenient enough to grasp.
- It provides an MVC or Model View Controller structure. It avoids any kind of silly architectural forms in which all PHP code, as well as HTML code, is written in the same file
- Elegant ORM or Object Relational Mapping support– This is another service that is provided to automate and abstract the model part. Mapping, as well as Relationships with the database with the application, is done to express a simple convention over configuration technique. The ORM engine makes it easy to create any kind of relational database.
- The blade template engine provides an easy experience to add any kind of logic into the HTML file. It has become so easy to add new features into applications without hacking the core.
- Routing: It has become very easy to manage as well as abstract the Routing process. It has just made every process hassle-free and the provided abstraction takes out each and every complexity level out. The framework also includes the reverse routing feature.
- Queue management– Laravel provides an excellent abstraction process in order to abstract the unnecessary tasks and getting them queued behind the scenes making the user response time much faster.
- Laravel provides built-in support for Redis application and it can also be extended to Memcached.
- Dependency Injection– Laravel provides a simplified way for any kind of dependency injection. It gives an easy testing environment and can also be automated for loading dependencies.
- Artisan– Developing command-line apps can be a breeze. It provides an outstanding Artisan CLI that comprises of advanced tools which enable you to do tasks and migrations.
- Bundles and Composer provides a number of bundles for a modular packaging system as well as its dependencies. The bundled modularity makes code reuse without much hassle.
- The web applications to be executed are fast
- Laravel fulfills the requirements of major web applications.
- Laravel is perfect for small and medium sized web applications.
Recommended Reading: Why Laravel Is Perfect for Web Development
- Laravel is a lightweight framework so it has less inbuilt support when compared to Django and Ruby on Rails. This problem can be solved by integrating third-party tools but for large or custom websites, the tasks can become tedious and complicated.
- All of the Laravel’s core files are within the Laravel namespace and not all of the core files use a namespace slash (\) in the front of a call to another core file, and this can make extending classes a bit trickier. This is not a huge issue and many developers will not worry about it.
- Laravel being a new framework, it is not as mature as many other frameworks. The composer is not so strong as compared to npm (for hire nodejs developer) or ruby gems and pip (Hire python Developers)
- The development is not as fast compared to ruby on rails
- It is quite slow and a new platform for developers to deal with
- Amature developers face problems when extending codes and classes.
- Community support is not widespread compared to other platforms
- Many methods included in the reverse routing process are complex.
- It is not easy for legacy systems to get transferred to Laravel
Don’t forget to Read: Laravel VS NodeJS
Also Read: What are the benefits of using Laravel over plain PHP?
We have discussed the various Pros and Cons of Laravel. We hope you found this article informative and useful. If You found this article useful, do check out our other articles. If you’re looking to hire Laravel developers for your next web application, do contact us. We will get you in touch with our high expertise backend development team, who will guide you in developing your web application.