Laravel VS NodeJS
367 People rated 5/5
Many technologies have been invented in the 21st century. These technologies solve the basic problem of coding.
In this article we are going to compare side by side two new technologies designed to make computing and problem solving easy, these are Laravel and NodeJS.
So what is Laravel? Laravel is a PHP based framework built for designing high-end Web Applications. Laravel comes with a strong collection of tools and provides an elegant application architecture for designing web applications. Moreover, Laravel combines all of the significant characteristics found in major frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, CodeIgniter, etc. The Laravel framework is developed using Open Source standards. This framework is capable of saving huge development time by avoiding the developers to think and plan the entire website architecture from scratch. Laravel is also able to take care of the security of the application. All of these features can boost the development pace for creating a Website from scratch. If any developer is familiar with PHP syntax and features, Laravel can speed up the learning time for developers. Laravel enables you to craft your work more easily.
Here are some facts and features about Laravel:
- Laravel was developed by Tailor Otwell in July 2011 and is one of the most popular open-source PHP frameworks right after CodeIgniter.
- It follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern architecturally
- It is nothing but a web-based framework using PHP
I suggest reading the post where I have discussed
- Its goal is to make certain parts of the Web-Development process easier
- It provides various tools for MVC applications, database interactions, HTML templates, routing, testing and much more
- It makes the web development process far easier for web designers and developers.
Characteristics of Node JS
- Makes the use of an event-driven, Non-blocking IO model and therefore makes it lightweight and an efficient platform to build applications on.
- Is perfect for designing data-intensive real-time applications that can be deployed across distributed devices.
Following are some of the Node JS Features that you might want to have a look at.
- It uses a non-blocking IO model that is both event-driven and efficient
- Npm is a NodeJS package library which is both open source and the largest in the world
- Node JS is designed to build scalable networked applications using open source technologies.
- Node JS’s connection handling mechanism is super efficient than the classic thread based model
- Users of NodeJS are free from the worries of deadlocking the process since there is no lock concept here.
- Scalable systems can easily be developed using Node JS
Let us compare Laravel and NodeJs side by side as table looking at their pro’s and con’s
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article. If you found this article useful, do check out our other posts. If you’re looking to hire NodeJS developers or to hire Laravel developers, just get in contact with us and we will hook you up to our most experienced back end team, to solve your programming problems or to develop a website from scratch.