PHP vs HTML5
654 people rated [5/5]
- Recently there has been a boom in the web development spectrum. There has been the invention of many web development technologies.
- There have been various server-side technological inventions to support and adopt server-side programming.
- Both front end and back end development are possible nowadays and each supports many different features. Each technology comes with its own pros and cons. This is the deciding factor when choosing a particular programming language.
- When choosing a particular technology, we have to keep in mind if the tech is able to fit our needs and solves a particular programming problem.
What is PHP?
PHP stands for Personalized Home Pages. (now known as Hypertext Preprocessor) This is a server-side web programming language. PHP is used to create server-side programming for providing web pages to clients (browsers). It supports an open-source programming framework developed mainly for designing server-side programming logic.
It is a coding standard that has been used by most web developers.
Think of Web Development as a car, PHP being the engine of the car that facilitates server programming capabilities and HTML being the tire wheels to accelerate the car and provide motion to it.
PHP supports modern web development.
Also Read: HTML5 top Features
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the newest revision to HTML markup language.
HTML5 brings the following types of new tags:
- Videos that can be used to display videos inside web-pages,
- Figures which can be used to display visual content like images or photographs, diagrams, illustrations, code snippets, etc,
- Nav elements work similar to ordered or unordered lists that can be used to link to parts of the webpage or can be linked to other web pages,
- Section tags that can be grouped into particular sections
- The header tag can be used to provide introductory elements to web pages such as logos, navigation or a form to be searched for.
- The footer tag can be used to provide social media links, copyright information or additional site navigation items.
Let’s compare both the languages:
Recommend Blog: Difference between HTML5 VS JAVA
We have seen the differences between the PHP vs HTML5 technologies.
In general sense, PHP and HTML are the most widely used languages as far as web programming is concerned.
We hope you liked this article and have found informative for you. Do check out our other posts as well. If you’re willing to hire PHP Developers or Hire HTML5 Designer for any kind of Web Designing work, do give us a call and we will get you in touch with our expert back end team to help you with your website