Laravel VS CakePHP
Laravel vs CakePHP
Firstly, PHP is a server side language. To begin with, PHP is one of the most popular server side languages on the Internet. Likewise if you think about this language, all that you notice is the poor syntax. Which framework you must consider for your next project? Here the truth is that it provides you an extensive variety of web development frameworks. These frameworks are Symfony, CakePHP, Laravel, Yii, and so on. And this frameworks are capable to make your work much less complicated.
Newer frameworks such as CakePHP and Laravel have already gained followers. These people are those who use them for ease and stability. They both have extreme devotees who use them, but which one should you prefer for developing your project?
What is CakePHP?
To begin with, CakePHP is a free and very useful development framework for PHP development. It is also an awesome development framework because of the features that it provides.
- CakePHP is a safe framework and helps with authenticating users with ease.
- This framework is easy to learn. It helps majorly in simplified development of applications.
- It is very useful for large websites and programs. CakePHP uses MVC architecture.
- The website location and configuration is done automatically through the framework. You only need to lock the database.
- In particular, one of the main advantages of CakePHP is that it is ready to use templates. This accelerates the process of web application development.
- The framework is easy to manage. Even lesser experienced developers find it easy to work with.
- CakePHP provides custom test functions that is easy to use. This helps in testing tasks faster and is easy for developers.
Thus you have some valuable reasons to hire a CakePHP developer. You can use CakePHP for your next web development project.
What is Laravel?
Firstly, Laravel is a PHP based framework that is purely meant for the development of MVC based applications. In particular, it is an opensource PHP framework that is known to be the best of the PHP frameworks. Here are some of the key benefits of using Laravel as your web development environment.
- Laravel helps in maintaining the restrictions that exist between various database objects. This is done with the help of an advanced search mechanism builder.
- The framework provides an auto-loading facility. It does not require manual maintenance and inclusion roads.
- Laravel helps in creating new tools using a LOC container.
- The framework provides an easy version control system. This system helps with simplified management of migrations
- Lastly, the framework is quick and easy to install and customize.
Recommended Read: Laravel vs Lumen
Key differences between Laravel vs CakePHP
Both Laravel and CakePHP are most popular in the market, let us go through some of the major differences between CakePHP VS Laravel.
- Both Laravel and CakePHP are open source frameworks. Laravel comes without any relevant cost but CakePHP requires a license to operate.
- Laravel operates and works on object-oriented model. CakePHP works on a document oriented database model.
- Laravel is based on MVC or model view controller architecture. CakePHP has implemented on the Hierarchical model view controller (HMVC) architecture.
- The laravel framework is not suitable for smaller projects. It becomes a bit complex for the same. In comparison, CakePHP is much suitable for smaller projects.
- From a security benchmark between both these frameworks, CakePHP plays a crucial role than Laravel.
- CakePHP is a much more convenient choice than Laravel when compared to the routing perspective.
- When it comes to scaling, Laravel is a much better choice than CakePHP. This happens more often while considering the construction of larger projects.
- The Laravel framework is a much better choice when viewed in the case of fast web development and enhancement perspective.
- Compared to CakePHP, Laravel is a much better choice in case of data handling and backup viewpoints.
- In comparison to CakePHP, Laravel has a compiler functionality. There is no such functionality for CakePHP.
In short, after evaluating Laravel VS CakePHP over a wide variety of things, it can be concluded that both have their pros and cons. So before choosing any framework, developers should analyze as well as examine the different factors of each. As a result, the type of the project and the time for the work and all other distinctive discussed aspects, the framework should be decided.