[yasr_overall_rating] Over 348 People voted [5/5]
Smartphone app development is a hot skill to acquire. There have been more people opting for this skill and there has been a demand to choose the highly used mobile technology. Looking at the increasing popularity of the iOS platform namely Apple’s iPhone, iPad, iPod, and the macOS platform, it is safe to say that a career in iOS application development is a good bet. Many experienced, as well as newbies to programming, are entering the iOS application development field. There are immense job opportunities that provide good pay packages and even better career development or growth. A new survey conducted by Vision Mobile shows that iOS is the apt technology to spend your time as well as your money on.
Do you need more reasons to follow this rewarding career, read on to find out more!
iOS Skills demand
The word has a huge and never-ending appetite for better and more robust and reliable apps. Developers have many chances in order to showcase their skills by developing new and interesting apps that run on the iOS platform. With the ever-growing popularity of iOS apps, we can expect a steady demand for iOS developers who are willing to work out some magic when it comes to developing apps.
Here are some predictions that have been done for the iOS market by Joe Conway, the founder of the Stable / Kernel and the author of “iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide”.
As stated by Joe, the demand for iOS developers will remain high through 2015. He believes that this demand is because skilled programmers are essential for maintaining as well as improving existing applications. These applications need to be kept up-to-date with the release of newer devices and versions of the iOS operating system, and also must be able to compete with similar applications. He concludes that there is a lack of professionals with the ability to develop native applications for iOS this year. The existing shortage is mainly due to the rising demand for new apps, as mentioned above.
Hue Jo, OS X, and iOS developers have mentioned on Quora that the number of growing iOS devices shipped, the number of startups focusing on mobile apps and the number of companies wanting to develop their own iOS apps, has resulted in the phenomenal need of iOS professionals.
Home automation, as well as Health, are the main industries that have witnessed a lot of demand. Other industries such as Travel, Transportation, Insurance, Retail, Banking, and Financial Markets, Telco and Law Enforcement, Energy and Utilities are just some sectors that require skilled iOS app developers.
Bigger compensation for iOS professionals:
With the rising demand for this wonderful skill comes a bigger pay package. According to Indeed, a popular job portal, the average salary of iOS professionals is 68% higher than the average salary for other job postings. Indeed, reports that iOS professionals draw about 98000 USD per annum. This compensation is not a short stint as the salary trends continue to grow upwards, indicating that this trend is expected to continue.
And Mondo, a company that recruits and places technology professionals report that iOS developer salary ranges from 105,000 USD to 155,000 USD per annum.
Read More: Languages Use for iOS App development
iOS Related Job Titles and their Salaries:
LinkedIn examined over 259,000,000 in its database and concluded that the top position is occupied by the iOS developer Job title. There are many other job titles related to the iOS app developer or iOS professionals. Here are some of them and their related corresponding salaries.
Now that we know about the demand for iOS professionals, their salaries and different Job Titles, it is time to know what an iOS developer does actually and what kind of skills are required to become one, when it comes to a fresher or an experienced professional.
Job Responsibilities of an iOS developer.
iOS developers are responsible for building interactive, intuitive and eye-catchy apps for the iOS platform of devices, which is powered by Apple’s iOS operating system. In many ways, iOS developers significantly contribute to the brand, as badly designed app results in the negative impact for the company. iOS developers are expected to work in a team comprised of other iOS developers, managers, designers and so on. Some other roles and responsibilities of iOS developers are as follows:
- Build and design advanced native iOS apps for the iOS platform
- Work with cross-functional teams in order to design, define as well as ship new features
- Unit test the code for determining sturdiness including usability, edge cases, and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix the bugs
- Continue to discover, evaluate and implement new technologies in order to maximize development efficiency
- Help to maintain code quality, organization as well as the automation
- Build sophisticated multithreaded apps
Tips for aspiring iOS developer professionals:
For those with little to no experience with programming or developing apps, starting a career in iOS development can be difficult. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Learn iOS development: There are numerous online resources as well as iOS courses to get you started with your iOS coding journey
- Start making Apps right away: The best way to practice what you learn is by implementing the concepts in your apps that you develop. Start developing simple apps and make them available for free, or a nominal fee or at a low cost in the public. This will help you to get feedback as well as reviews.
- Utilize any opportunity to create apps: You can increase your reputation by developing apps for small organizations at a low cost or for free. This will help you to get noticed. Optimize your CV for a career in IOS development sphere: write an outstanding keyword-optimized resume so that recruiters could reach out to you easily. You can turn to professional services like getgoodgrade.com if you fail to do it by yourself.
You may know more: Steps to become iOS Developer
Essential Skills for an iOS developer
Here are a few of the must-have skills for an aspiring iOS developer:
- Ability to develop a native and structurally sound application for iOS and the Mac OS X platform
- Keep up with the current UI/UX trends and remain up-to-date with the new functionality exposed with the Apple SDKs
- Ability to utilize project management software and version control systems and develop automated testing and deployment software.
Learn iOS App Development: https://iphonedevelopmentguide.com/
You can also mail us at: email@example.com
Contact us: +91 7021431876 to learn iOS App Development.
Conclusion: There is a lot of demand for iOS Developers today. It is really a hot job that requires cutting edge skills to survive. It becomes imperative in order to determine where you want to invest your time and energy for growth as a developer. And investing your time and energy for learning iOS development is the best way forward for a rewarding career. If you’re looking to develop an iOS app for your company than do contact us, we have highly experienced developers waiting for onboard your project.
If you’re looking forward to getting iOS app development course done or getting trained in-house for iOS development course, then give us a call. We have world-class trainers available to guide you for iOS app development. We have the best iOS training company faculty ready to guide you in your endeavors
You might also look at the possibility of getting an iOS app developed by a third party company, if you’re looking to hire iOS developers for your project then gives us a call, we are ready to help you deploy your project.