Firstly, Whenever a new technology comes into market, it will always have its merits and demerits for its operations.
Secondly, Every single time, new technology enters the market and changes the way programmers develop applications. To solve different programming problems new technology has been introduced. Each technology focuses on solving a particular computing problem.
In this article, we are going to compare as well as contrast two different computing platforms ASP.Net and Node JS (Asp.Net vs Node JS). Let’s get to the basics of both Asp.Net and Node JS
What is Node JS?
It uses a nonblocking I/O model that is event-driven and this makes it an ideal option to develop data-intensive applications.
What NodeJS tries to achieve?
In other words, NodeJS was invented with one purpose in mind. To be able to add perfomance and scale with many different applications. It enables high performance along with higher stability and workability.
When it comes to designing and developing a high perfomance applications, Node JS always has remained a preferred choice of developers and web designers alike.
This technology can scale very competitively with increasing amount of users in such a way that there is no difference in the operating and perfomance metrics of the web applications.
Features of NodeJS
Firstly, Node JS is capable of offering greater performance as well as speed. It is an ideal framework for the development of messaging or chatting applications.
Particularly, it is most useful for developing heavy load applications and e-commerce websites that depend on the speed of processing power.
In other words, Node JS makes the use of a single threaded model along with event looping.
There is no buffering involved in Node JS. The application outputs the data in the form of pieces.
Subsequently, Node JS is mostly used for single page applications. This makes use of unblocking or nonblocking fashion.
Node JS is used for high performance applications that scales very well. This is with respect to productivity and performance in high traffic environments.
Benefits of using NodeJS
- Asynchronous and Event Driven − All APIs of Node.js library are asynchronous, that is, non-blocking. It essentially means a Node.js based server never waits for an API to return data. The server moves to the next API after calling it and a notification mechanism of Events of Node.js helps the server to get a response from the previous API call.
- Single Threaded but Highly Scalable − Node.js uses a single threaded model with event looping. Event mechanism helps the server to respond in a non-blocking way and makes the server highly scalable as opposed to traditional servers which create limited threads to handle requests. Node.js uses a single threaded program and the same program can provide service to a much larger number of requests than traditional servers like Apache HTTP Server.
- No Buffering − Node.js applications never buffer any data. These applications simply output the data in chunks.
- License − Node.js is released under the MIT license
What is ASP.net?
ASP .net is nothing but a server-side scripting language that produces dynamic web pages. It enables web developers to produce dynamic attractive web pages.
It provides a very easy to use, drag and drop website framework IDE in order to build the website compared to other frameworks such as Java, etc. ASP .net was first released in 2002 by Microsoft with version 1.
Microsoft perfomed many upgrades as time passed away. It is a successor to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages.
WebForms helps in developing web applications. ASP.net is shipped with built-in web form controls which are responsible for developing the user interfaces.
They can mirror typical HTML widgets such as text boxes and buttons.
If these controls do not fit your needs, you are free to use your own custom user controls.
Programming models that are used to build the web applications provided by ASP.net are as follows:
1) ASP.net MVC- (Model View Controller): The MVC helps in the development of web applications where the view is nothing but the front end model for the business logic and the controller is responsible for the mapping between the view and the model
2) ASP.net Web API: It is an application programming interface for building the API for a web application that runs on top of the .NET framework. A programmer or developer can develop according to the business requirements with the help of these API on top of the .NET framework in an efficient way.
3) ASP.net Web pages are able to show the data dynamically in an HTML page and is very efficient for developing web applications. Its syntax is very easy as well as lightweight.
4) ASP .net WebForms- It can be helpful in developing modular web pages of different formats and components. UI events are executed on the server side.
5) ASP .net WebHooks- Used for subscribing and publishing events via the HTTP protocol.
Know more: Laravel VS NodeJS
ASP.net vs Node JS Comparison(Asp.Net vs Node JS)
|ASP .net||Node JS|
|Many websites existed in today’s world developed using ASP.net||Node JS is useful for the maintenance and handling large volumes of customer data|
|Its first release came in 2002||Its first release came in 2009|
So we have seen the basic difference between the two language frameworks (Asp.Net vs Node JS).
If you’re looking to hire asp dot net developers or looking out to hire node js developers then do contact us. You can also hire asp.net developer in Dubai, UAE. We have expert developers ready to onboard for your project.