Firstly, With the latest launch of the ASP.NET Core programming framework, Microsoft has been able to walk on the path of Windows to provide users with the option of web application development on other platforms. The high-performance, cross-platform, open-source framework features, cutting-edge features as well and the provided functionality allow developers and programmers to build cloud-based web applications. Earlier, ASP.NET4.x has been able to Gartner a huge success with developers and programmers worldwide. But ASP.NET Core is nothing but an upgraded version with a more modular as well as a leaner architectural structure.
ASP.NET Core – An Overview
Paving the way for efficient as well as a simple web application development approach, ASP.NET Core is deemed to resemble a powerhouse of advanced features that has gained immense popularity among developers and programmers.
Particularly, The high-performance, cross-platform framework is widely used to create cloud-based and modern applications today. Using this advanced software, you can:
- Run web applications and create web apps utilizing the .NET Framework or .NET Core.
- Develop progressive as well as create productive web applications and services, mobile back-ends, and IoT apps.
- Support for many different and multiple platforms as it provides the option to build apps on leading operating systems that include Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Gain flexibility and convenience in order to deploy the apps and services on-premises or to the cloud.
In conclusion, the question is – what is so interesting about ASP.NET Core for web application development?
Here is a quick rundown of why ASP.NET Core is regarded as one of the best frameworks for building highly scalable and modern web application development.
1. Open Source Framework
- One of the most important and pivotal reasons why this version of ASP.NET has gained immense usability among web application developers and programmers is because of its Open Source code.
- The framework code has been made available on GitHub, where anyone can modify, review, or contribute.
- Additionally, the huge .NET Core community is there to support that results in fast and seamless application development.
- All improvements and bug fixes are quicker and released at regular intervals so that you do not have to wait for ages to harness the latest developments.
- Developers prefer ASP.Net Core due to its recognition for offering open source freedom.
- Depending on the project as well as the development requirement, developers can add framework components, libraries, etc.
- Developers don’t need to update the entire framework when a new or upgraded version is made publicly available. This can definitely be of use to developers to save time.
- When the framework is of an open-source nature, you get the ability to contribute to significantly develop the platform.
- Opensource dictates a wide community response that you can use to your advantage.
- Developers and programmers from around the world actively contribute towards open-source technologies. This is going to be the best foot forward towards upscaled and enhanced development and feature set.
2. Cross-Platform Support
- One of the best things that we can discuss ASP.NET development is its cross-platform implementation architecture.
- The framework is built entirely to support and to run on Windows only, but applications and tools developed using it can seamlessly and easily function on many other platforms for example macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- It features Visual Studio IDE that allows developers and programmers to build web applications on any Operating System of their choice, and achieve project collaboration.
- .NET Core features independent packaging as well as the installation and is cross-platform compatible. This makes it an ideal and excellent framework to develop cutting-edge web applications.
- Once the app has been built, it provides the option to reuse the code again for different or another application development, regardless of the OS or platform.
- ASP.net core is of cross platform nature which means that you can deploy and use the application on most of the well-known operating system platforms out there.
- Your application behaviour remains consistent throughout the timeline of the application.
Also Read: Asp. Net Core VS Asp. Net MVC
3. Sophisticated Programming Features
The ASP.NET stack has gotten some major and pleasant changes under the hood. It has undergone a major overhaul, presenting to you an ASP.NET Core framework that comes with a gamut of advanced features. These include:
- Automatic memory management for types
- Cross-platform architecture
- Package management
- Garbage collection
- Language independence
- Asynchronous programming
- Easy to quickly and customize feature-rich enterprise-grade web applications
- Flawless development of MVC web applications and RESTful APIs
- Multiple language support
These features make it easier, faster and efficient for developers to build robust and modern web applications.
4. High Performance
- Superior performance as well as unparalleled features are something that you get and is one of the most integral factors the developers consider for successful ASP.NET development.
- ASP.NET Core provides developers with efficient, reusable, and easy-to-maintain programming programs due to its exceptional performance, flexibility, and scalability. This is possible only because the framework presents the opportunity to leverage tool optimization and core libraries.
- During code compilation, the one-of-a-kind web application development framework facilitates and provides automated code optimization.This enhances the performance and flexibility of developers’ code.
- Additionally, new concepts, quicker release cycles, as well as any upgrades related to memory and space allocation make it an efficient Open Source framework for mobile, IoT, and cloud applications.
- The modular framework isn’t only for developers and programmers alike but also offers a reliable and affordable solution through the applications. The latest introduction of the Kestrel web server further makes ASP.NET Core one the fastest as well as robust and rugged web frameworks today.
- ASP.NET Core is well known to have a high amount of user handling capacity and bandwidth. This is therefore the most touted and appreciated feature that many developers and designers love and acknowledge.
- Your application will have the inherent capacity to handle requests from a huge user group base. Therefore for handling a high amount of users, ASP.net is a must-use technology.
5. Simplicity is the Key to Successful ASP.NET Development
- Another pivotal as well as the main or primary reason why ASP.NET development is going to be the next big thing is its simplicity.
- Key functionalities for example form submission, client authentication, or site configuration are most hassle-free and faster with this framework.
- It features and provides a time-tested MVC architecture to – Model, View, and Controller – that aids in making custom web applications and APIs easily testable by achieving distinctness of concerns. This allows the developers to code, test, or debug an app in any of the above architectures.
- The codes are very much and easily reusable in nature and this makes it easier and effortless to manage and modify web application programming.
- It features and provides a server-side, as well as an event-driven programming model that is simple to maintain.
- Furthermore, its built-in configuration data does not require any complex process that can be required in order to register the components. Hence, it becomes much easier and more flexible to deploy the applications successfully.
6. Razor Pages
- The latest version of the ASP.NET Core framework has introduced a new functionality.
- The objective and the motive are to integrate greater efficiency while programming page-focused environments.
- The page-based coding architecture enables developers and programmers to build cutting-edge web User Interfaces with enhanced productivity.
- The framework’s advanced feature simplifies the process by providing each app page with a unique view and self-containment.
- The programs and codes created for each page can be efficiently and quickly organized together.
- Razor pages make it exceptionally productive and easier to build web applications that are robust, scalable, and high-performance.
7. Outstanding Developer Tools to Work With
- ASP.NET Core provides a suite of advanced development tools, such as JetBrains and Resharper, for streamlined application development, testing, and implementation.
- The product includes Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, a top-rated IDE for developing advanced ASP.NET applications.
- It aids in advanced features for example profiling, debugging, unit testing, code completion, GIT integration, and much more.
- The latest version of Visual Studio is now available with a free, fully-fledged community edition.
- So, you can now easily code web applications utilizing the full advantage of ASP.NET Core in the form of basic text files by leveraging the text editor of your choice.
Read More: PHP Vs Asp.Net
ASP.NET Core is advantageous for web application development and programmers due to its extensive features available to developers. If you want to hire ASP.net developers for your project then you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements. We have highly experienced developers ready to onboard your project with a full customer satisfaction guarantee. You can also contact us at email@example.com with your requirements.