Another glaring fact goes that major companies all across the globe use technology. Many companies are continuing to use and implement these technologies in their web applications and creative work. Server side web development done and used by major companies. Whatever be the choice of web development, it always goes hand in hand to create web applications and websites.
What is PHP?
PHP stands for HyperText Pre Processor, lately, its abbreviation and full-form has changed to Personalised Home Pages. As the name goes, firstly, PHP is a server side scripting language that was born in late June 1998. So it is safe to assume that it has a good 22 years of history behind its back. This is a scripting language that makes use of simple English like statements and syntaxes to code web pages and embed HTML statements into it. PHP based language used all the world over to provide the functionality to web pages and perform server side programming using it.
PHP requires an interpreter to use and process PHP statements and render the output to the browser. Here is how PHP works in real time. Developers first create a page that has PHP statements embedded in it. It has a mixture of PHP statements and HTML statements in the page. When a client visits or requests the server to fetch a page on the internet, the PHP server executes the request and processes the page to render plain HTML pages in response to the client’s request (in this case the browser). The client then gets the HTML page that was rendered using the PHP renderer. This page which is HTML is then displayed by the client via the browser, as we know browsers can only render and process HTML statements, this page is rendered by the browser.
Now you know that PHP is a server side processing language. Let’s see the advantages of using PHP.
Advantages of PHP:
1. Interpreted language: PHP is an interpreted language. Particularly, this language does not require a compiler to compile the language statements. Since this is an interpreted language you need a server side interpreter to code and render the language statements.
2. Supports OOP programming: PHP supports object oriented programming. And this means that OOPs concepts and fundamentals can be implemented using this language. It fully supports all object oriented programming.
3. Easy to learn to understand: PHP statements coded using plain English like language statements. Therefore, it becomes easy to understand what the code is doing. The language resembles plain English statements that provide an ease to understand and apprehend what the code is trying to do.
4. Huge community: The community that PHP has is huge and fully supportive of developers and designers trying to code the web for a majority of users. The developer community is ever ready and helpful to novice and inexperienced developers. They can solve their issues and problems by posting their questions in the forums. Particularly, You get your questions solved by posting in the forums within 24 hours.
5. Used by major companies and websites: Many companies around the world such as Airbnb, Alibaba, WordPress, Magento, etc make use of PHP and implements them in their software.
Hire PHP Developer for your Web Development
External code integration:
Environments for Runtime:
Object and Array:
Read More: Nodejs vs PHP: Which is best for Backend Development
So it is difficult to accurately assess the demand for different programming languages from a single chart or statistic.
TIOBE Index, which evaluates the popularity of programming languages by examining the number of engineers. The number of searches on popular search engines, and the number of courses available.
Technological advancements, industry trends, and business and organizational needs influence the demand for different programming languages.