This article explores the options, procedure, and considerations for hiring an iOS developer. You should assimilate and understand the different roles as well as responsibilities of various iOS developers and know what skills to look for when it’s time to talk about how exactly to hire iOS developers.
There are three options that you can consider:
- Form a group of in-house iOS developers
- Hire a software outsourcing organization or company
- Hire a freelance iOS developer
Which one is the most suitable step for you, let’s analyze and find out.
When to form an in-house development team of iOS developers –
Major players like Skype, Slack, and Opera are considering establishing an in-house development team, following a trend of outsourcing development projects.
Starting a new company can benefit from outsourcing projects and assembling an in-house development team once the viability point is reached. What does this mean?
The viability of a product is achieved when investors and users show interest in the project after it has been launched in the market. This could potentially encourage you to monetize your project or suggest that you should start attracting funds or generating profits from it.
To ensure the team’s sustainability, allocate resources to hire dedicated iOS developers and in-house technical staff. This is not a one size fits all strategy but still is a good option.
Hiring in-house tech staff is more cost-effective for SME or medium-sized enterprises building complex products requiring constant collaboration between developers and departments. Definitely an in-house team has advantages and disadvantages.
- There is ample opportunity for you and your developer to cooperate with one another.
- There are no limitations with respect to communication and distance.
- Developers get full knowledge about the product as they do not work on other projects.
- If you offer them good employee benefits, they’re likely to be productive and work efficiently on whatever project they have been given.
- The in-house team is on the payroll which means that you need to pay them even if you do not have any work or tasks to be done for them.
- Hiring the right talent for a project can be challenging due to their frequent departures, so it’s essential to continually find new developers.
- You need to pay for other stuff as well such as office rent, electricity, equipment, telephone, hardware, software and so on.
- They enjoy vacations, and sick leaves and other employee benefits your employees will enjoy while you pay them.
When to Hire an Outsourcing Company –
If you are looking for an efficient and a cost-effective way to hire iOS developer then you should always pay attention to Software Outsourcing Companies
As the basic rule applies, there are two models –
- You hire a software outsourcing company for iOS app development (One or more developers) and you can pay them in accordance with a per hour rate of the company for each individual. This model is sometimes called out staffing or a dedicated team. In case you pick this model then there will be management aspects that will lay on your shoulder, and the hired developer can work as both a part of your team and carry out the tasks.
- You can contact Company representatives, as well as explain your requirements, and then they build an app from scratch. In this case, all the management tasks lay on the company
- If you have an urgent requirement for finding and hiring an iOS developer then outsourcing can be one of the best options that are available for you.
- There is no need to worry about vacations, sick leaves, office space rent, or any other factors that may halt the development process.
- Unlike freelancers, developers who work in a firm can communicate with one another and share their experiences.
- As a rule, the hourly rates for freelance developers compared to experienced developers working in a firm are the same and sometimes even lower.
- It is still cheaper than hiring an in-house developer and you also do not have to pay taxes.
- The entire management process lays on the project manager and you can get constant feedback from him/her.
- If your chosen company is located in a different country, communication delays may occur, which can be resolved by implementing a simple communication schedule.
- There may occur some cultural and language barriers with some countries.
When to hire a freelance developer –
Freelance developers is quite a widespread option that is available when it comes to any kind of services. It is no big deal to hire a developer who will be able to make an app for you. Freelance iOS developers may not always be suitable for long-term cooperation due to their lack of experience in meeting long-term requirements.
It is more reasonable to hire freelancers in order to complete a project that has set requirements and time frames. Freelance iOS developers can be hired for bug fixes and additional features addition tasks for ready-made apps.
How you will find dozens of websites from where you can hire developers. UPWORK is the most popular and credible platform for finding freelancers, offering a vast array of talented developers.
Also, the website has a very flexible search filter for anyone to find an incredible resource talent here. It also has an option to carefully explore and scrutinize freelancer’s profiles. Sebastian Friedman’s advice on managing freelancers is crucial for small businesses to maximize the benefits of gaining experienced help.
We can also recommend you to use LinkedIn to find and hire iOS developer. This professional social network aims to facilitate the process of finding and hiring developers as needed. There are a lot of freelance developers looking to work on iOS projects. The search bar allows users to easily find and hire developers and other specialists by simply entering the desired position.
Utilize social networks and GitHub to assess talent and past projects, and hire developers based on their past work for a more comprehensive hiring process.
- The freelancing market is full of developers with varying levels of expertise and experience. You will not find it challenging to hire the right developer for your iOS project.
- Hiring a freelancer is often comparatively cheaper than many other available options.
- You do not have to pay any salary to a freelance worker in case you do not have any work for him/her
You do not have to worry about office space, taxes, vacations, sick leaves, and so on.
- Freelancers are on their own for developing projects. Developers and team members cannot collaborate as jointly as outsourced workers or in-house teams can in a project.
- The freelancer’s project abandonment is not guaranteed, leaving you in the development phase.
- Failed deadlines is often a widespread problem that occurs among freelancers.
- There exist language and culture barriers problems when it comes to working with freelancers
- The freelancer’s dedication to your project and absence of side projects cannot be guaranteed.
- A freelancer’s work involves frequent changes to projects, often switching plans if stuck on a problem or bored with a single project.
- To assess a developer’s expertise, check their portfolio or inquire directly. For outsourcing companies, check their dedicated project pages or case studies.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Swift for iOS Development
The article provides a comprehensive overview of the advantages of hiring or outsourcing iOS developers for a new project.
If you are looking to get certified for an iOS app development course then do check out iphonedevelopmentguide.com. You will get the best expertise for any kind of iOS app development project big or small.
You can also hire iOS developers in Dubai, UAE. For top-notch iOS training in Mumbai, contact us for expert guidance under the guidance of professional professionals.