Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS:
Lets understand Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS, Web Framework is nothing but a piece of a software framework that is specially built to accelerate the process of web development. Simply put, a web framework helps programmers and developers in the creation, development & publishing of simple and complex web apps & websites.
Below is Comparison Django vs laravel vs nodejs
1. What is Django?
Django is a lightweight and programmable web framework that is based on Python and it was introduced in the market in 2005. It follows the Model View Template (MVT) role or the architecture pattern for web development
Django framework is one of the most relevant and reliable options if you want to work on a complex project. Various successful startups and companies have made use of this framework. This includes Mozilla, Instagram, and many more.
It is not only lightweight but also a feature-rich and power-packed with amazing features that help you to gear up your web app development journey.
- Django follows a well developed as well as a highly-structured approach.
- Security breaches aren’t just possible with the developed application.
- Django is supported by an awesome as well as a huge community of developers worldwide.
- You get better scalability when it comes to expanding your app.
- Django works on the renowned DRY(Don’t repeat yourself) as well as KISS (Keep It Short & Simple) principles.
- Django doesn’t have the necessary support for real-time web applications.
- It’s completely based on the ORM or Object Relational Model
- You should have hands-on experience as well as some experience and know how before applying the complete framework.
Why Do Developers Choose Django for Their Project?
Some of the most common reason why Django is suitable for development are as follows:
- Enhanced Ecosystem
- Detailed Documentation
- Good for API Development
- Easy to learn & implement, etc.
2. What is Laravel?
Laravel is an open-source as well as a full-stack PHP framework that was released years later after Django. In order to work with Laravel, you should have good command and experience in PHP, even the basic knowledge will do.
Laravel is loaded with tons as well as an innumerable amount of features; hence you can build any kind of web application using this. Whether you are planning to create a small or a big web application, you can always resort to Laravel.
- It has a built-in and support for blade templating engine which enables you to create simple yet effective layouts.
- Laravel offers next-level security in terms of code, that is safe from intrusion.
- Laravel’s command-line tool is responsible and is apt for code skeleton, database structure, as well as migration.
- Various small & big companies and organizations across the globe choose to develop their project using Laravel because of its dynamic features.
- It works as per the latest MVC frameworks rather than the classic architecture, where developers and programmers write both HTML & PHP in one file.
- Because it is lightweight, there is very little inherent support that can be provided. While this issue can be resolved with the help of third-party tools, it is not suitable to carry out for building custom and huge websites.
- Laravel community support is not as popular or big when compared with other frameworks.
- Laravel is still in the development phase and its composer is not as good as npm(for Node.js), ruby gem or pip(python).
Why Do Developers Choose Laravel for Their Project?
Some of the common reasons why programmers as well as developers choose Laravel are as follows:
- Bigger Community of Developers
- In-depth documentation
- Unit Testing
- Blade Template Engine
- Advanced Security, etc.
3. What is Node.js?
Node.js contains event-driven as well as some asynchronous APIs. A wide range of developers and programmers consider Node.js for their project at first-place because it operates and is based on a single thread.
- js runs only on one-thread, yet it has the capability to serve and attend to the requests of various clients.
- Single code base runs correctly and smoothly on both the client as well as the server-side.
- It has an active and massive community of developers and programmers on leading platforms such as GitHub.
- js is a highly-adaptable platform that has and provides few guidelines & dependencies.
- In reality, Node.js supports asynchronous programming, which many developers and programmers consider it difficult or hard to grasp as well as operate.
- js doesn’t consist of a robust library due to which programmers and developers have to rely and depend on third-party libraries for completing different tasks.
- It’s tough and difficult in order to work on a relational database.
Why Do Developers Choose Node.js for Their Project?
Several common reasons why developers and programmers prefer Node.js for their web development project:
- Cross-platform development
- Awesome for command-line utilities
- Huge Community of developers
- Reusability, and many more.
4. Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS: Let us compare the features
Laravel: Laravel follows the MVC(Model-view-Controller) pattern or architecture and it’s based on the PHP. Briefly, it is an open-source web application framework praised and appreciated by a lot of web developers.
The main objective of Laravel is to help programmers as well as developers to build web applications real-quick. Moreover, they don’t have to look and code for implementing basic tasks such as authentication, routing, etc.
Django: Django works according to the MVT(Model View Template) pattern or architecture and this is based on the Python Language. The ultimate purpose of this open-source framework is to motivate and encourage programmers and developers to write code efficiently.
The primary or basic aim of NodeJS is to allow programmers and developers to build web applications in the most effective manner. It is mainly used for constructing web/app servers and also making use of the Internet of Things technology.
Laravel has more than 59,000 stars as well as 6,247 commits on the GitHub platform. Django has more than 49,000 stars as well as 28,289 commits on the GitHub platform. Node.js has more than 69,800 stars as well as 30,466 commits on the GitHub platform.
So, in the battle of Node.js vs Django vs Laravel for the community, Node.js outperforms Django and Laravel back-end framework in terms of stars.
Learning Curve: Django vs laravel vs nodejs
Laravel: Laravel has a very high as well as a steep learning curve. However, it comes along with a lot of tools and components such as the Laracasts. It also has great documentation. By following and making use of them correctly, you will have a good command and knowledge as well as know how over the PHP framework.
Django: If you have a strong command as well as some experience over Python’s syntax, then you can get easily go ahead with the Django framework without much trouble. Moreover, it’s is well known to be developer-friendly, which means you can learn and start implementing the frameworks in your projects right away.
Scalability and Performance (Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS):
Laravel: On Comparing PHP vs. NodeJS vs. Django, Scalability in Laravel becomes complex and difficult the moment you as you start rendering and making different versions of the application. Moreover, it’s performance is not as adequate and as good as the other two frameworks.
Django: Django is useful and beneficial in cross-platform apps and provides next-level scalability and handling. This feature ensures that a developer or programmer can easily manage workflow.
NodeJS: While comparing the Scalability as well as the performance of Node JS vs. Laravel or Django, NodeJs provides top-notch scalability and handling simply because of its non-blocking and asynchronous programming features. This helps developers to code the functionality to handle numerous events at the same time.
Rapid Development (Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS) :
Laravel: It works as well as it is fully based on PHP and has low development speed when compared with the other two frameworks.
Django: Django comprises a wide number of plugins and libraries, which helps to speed up the development time of tasks at hand.
NodeJS: Due to its lightweight server and efficiency, NodeJS functions appropriately on the majority of different kinds of machines. Moreover, it handles various requests as well as tasks with ease.
Laravel: Laravel works as per the MVC architecture and pattern and it is known to be the most preferred choice of a vast number of developers due to its realistic and easy-to-understand syntax
Django: Django works as per the Model View Template (MVT) architecture or pattern, which is almost the same as the model view controller architectural pattern. Here, the model refers to the data as well as the view is responsible for systematically storing that data. The controller provides various options to the user; however, MVT sets up the data inside the framework properly.
NodeJS: It works according to and is based on event-driven programming, where the whole architecture relies on the events or user choices and messages from other programs.
In the last 15 years, a vast or a majority number of back-end frameworks have been introduced in the emerging market. Out of which the three most trending and talked out frameworks among the developer and programmers community are Laravel, Django, and NodeJS(Django vs Laravel vs NodeJS).
All three have their own features and play a vital role in web development. Further, the main aim or the primary goal of all these frameworks is to build an attractive and user-friendly web application.
Moreover, all these web frameworks have gained and gartnered a lot of support from the various programmer and developers communities worldwide. Therefore, you may be overwhelmed or surprised to know that you should choose the desirable framework from Laravel vs Django vs Node.js or Django vs Node.js for your next project?